I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – living in Springfield, MO is awesome! There are tons of things to do in our town, whether you are an adult, things to do with your kids, or even activities with family members you aren’t particularly fond of.
While my week is riddled with work, stress, and a list of to-dos which grows bigger each hour, the weekend is practically nonexistent. As such, I still manage to block off a couple of hours with my mini-me, and find something fun to do in Springfield. And with the holidays upon us, it may be time to make our weekend outings a little more festive!
In an attempt to find Christmasy things for my daughter and I to do in Springfield, I created this little list and decided to share it with any parent looking to do something fun with their littles, mediums or bigs in our city. Feel free to let me know if I missed anything!
Christmasy Things to do with Your Kids in Springfield
- Make Christmas Ornaments At Firehouse Pottery,
- Take A Drive Through Candy Cane Lane (Best Done In The Evening) At Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park,
- Crafty DIY At The Library Center,
- Frequent The Downtown Christmas Parade,
- Playdate With Santa At Itty Bitty City,
- Make Glass Items And Keepsakes At Creative Escape Glass LLC,
- Visit Santa’s Wonderland At Bass Pro Shops For Free Activities,
- Build-A-Bear Workshop At Battlefield Mall,
- Visit The Pop-Up Christmas At Farmer’s Market Of The Ozarks,
- Go Ice Skating At The Mediacom Ice Park.
There are also several things to do with your kids in Springfield at home…you know, something to do on those cold, rainy, winter days when you want to stay in your pajamas and drink hot cocoa all day!
Personally, we like to
- make jewelry while bingeing on Harry Potter movies,
- make gingerbread houses,
- make slime,
- bake Russian Wedding Cookies,
- play board games,
- play video games,
- make homemade ornaments,
- buy a couple DIY kits from hobby lobby, like dream catchers, to put together.
Regardless if you wanna stay at home with your children or go out n about, there are plenty of things to do in Springfield with your kids. Wishing you a happy holiday season from the WeDames team!