This time of the year is my fav, and it isn’t complete without at least one boozy party filled with some awesome creative Halloween cocktails. To be honest, though, my favorite thing includes researching Halloween costume ideas. Really. I put more thought into my Halloween costume than I do my own career.
The best part is hosting your own Halloween party! And while decorating and menu planning is all well and fun, my favorite part is getting to play bartender and serving up some uh-mazing Halloween cocktails.
So, whether you are looking to keep it simple or mix it up with some dry ice, there is something for everyone here (everyone who is 21 and over that is). Check it out Springfield, MO.!
7 Halloween Cocktails for Your Halloween Party
Smokin’ Skulls Shot
Makes 1 shot
1 oz bourbon
½ oz lime juice
¼ oz grenadine
Splash of Mountain Dew
Dry ice chips for presentation (Observe dry ice safety measures. Do not touch dry ice with bare skin. Make sure dry ice has completely dissolved before serving this drink)
- Pour bourbon, lime juice and grenadine into shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and pour into shot glass.
- Drop dry ice chips into shot glass and top with Mountain Dew (the dry ice chips will fall to bottom of the glass – ensure they are dissolved before serving and consuming).
Toxic Shot Jello Shots
2 cups water
1 cup vodka
1 cup green apple liqueur
1 ½ teaspoon citric acid
2 packages of green apple gelatin
- Bring water to a low boil and remove from heat.
- Add gelatin powder and citric acid – whisk to dissolve
- Add vodka and apple liqueur and stir to combine.
- Pour liquid into a 9″x9″ cake pan. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- When gelatin has set, cut into cubes or cut with a small circle cutter. Place cut gelatin in small shot glasses, tiny beakers or plastic syringes for a fun Halloween effect. You could also pour the liquid directly in plastic disposable shot cups if desired.
Bloody Orange Cocktail
Makes 4 cocktails
4 oz vodka
2 oz licor43
2 oz orange juice
6 oz club soda
1 orange for garnish)
Raspberry syrup (below)
- Puree 2 cups fresh raspberries in food processor. Press through a strainer to extract pulp and discard seeds.
- Place puree in saucepan with ¼ cup sugar. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Fill each syringe about half full of raspberry syrup and set aside.
- Add vodka and licor43 to shaker with ice and shake for 20 seconds.
- Add orange juice and club soda into glasses, and stir in vodka and licor 43.
- Add syringes filled with raspberry syrup.
- Garnish with orange.
Caramel Apple Cocktail
Makes 1 cocktail
2 oz apple juice
2 oz caramel vodka
1 oz butterscotch liqueur
Apple slices for garnish
- Dip rims of glasses in caramel sauce, then in turbinado sugar. Set aside.
- Put apple juice, caramel vodka, and butterscotch liqueur in shaker with ice. Shake for 20 seconds, strain into cocktail glass.
- Garnish with fresh apple slice.
Black Devil Martini
Makes one drink
2 oz of dark rum
½ oz dry vermouth
Black olive for garnish
Orange sugar for garnish
- Shake rum and vermouth in shaker filled with ice for 20 seconds.
- Rim martini glass with orange sugar.
- Pour rum and vermouth into martini glass.
- Garnish with olive.
Black Magic Cocktail
Makes one drink
¼ cup ice
½ cup orange juice
1 ½ oz black vodka
½ oz triple sec
Orange Wedge for garnish
- Add orange juice and triple sec into shaker with ice. Shake for 20 seconds and strain into glass.
- Slowly pour black vodka (over spoon) onto top of triple sec and orange juice mixture so it sits on top of the orange juice and triple sec.
- Dip one edge of the orange Wedge into black vodka, and garnish glass for presentation.
Black Widow Shot
Makes 1 shot
1 ½ oz black vodka chilled
½ ounce cranberry juice chilled
Cherry for garnish
Red sugar crystals for garnish
- Rim glass with red sugar crystals.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour cranberry juice over ice.
- Gently layer black vodka over cranberry juice.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Remember to stay safe and drink responsibly! Should you need an uber ride, remember to use our uber code to get a free ride. The code is janam2042ue – so no excuses, Springfield MO.!
Cheers (literally and figuratively)!