If weddings weren’t stressful enough already…first you gotta get your partner to say YES! In an effort to ease the stress in your life and in making it easier for your beloved to say “I do,” we racked our brains trying to think of some of the most romantic places to propose in Springfield, Missouri and surrounding areas.
The idea of this particular blog came from a fun outing with myself and three other ladies in beautiful Lavender Falls Farm just outside Springfield, Missouri. After a lovely lavender-laced champagne (or two), and a tour of this luscious farm, us girls started gabbing about everything from restaurants in China, the strange things our kids do in gymnasiums, and naturally, boys (Tee hee).
Funnily enough, one fellow WeDamer, Erin Gamble from Gambles Photography, is starting a proposal planning service to help people who need some romantical inspiration by thinking of fun, creative and romantical ways for you to propose to your S/O. Hence, the idea for this article came (sorry Erin – I needs content)!
*ON a side note, Erin would be the perfect person to have plan a proposal – this International photographer has gone so far as to dress up in camo, hide in trees and shoot people (with her camera, calm down) in the middle of popping the big question. You can read all about her awesome photography skills here.*
Romantic Places to Propose in Springfield
- Check out some of Springfield’s posh high-end restaurants!
- How about a hot air balloon ride in Springfield? It’s a little pricey, coming in at $200 per person (not including tax), but it is a sure fire way to take her breath away while whisking her off her feet!
- The Savoy? Hotel Vandivort? The Moxie? Downtown Springfield is full of fun places to propose!
- The Japanese Stroll Gardens or the Botanical Center are uber romantic spots, whether it is during the day or the evening…especially if your lover has a green thumb!
- So ya snagged yourself a sporty mate? Catch a hockey game during the season and ask out on the ice – or why not try a Cardinals game? Let’s just hope they’re winning when you pop the question!
- Relive your childhood years and go to an arcade, visit the ice rink, or hang out at sky zone before putting a ring on it – I mean, who doesn’t like skeeball?
- How’s about a nice picnic, an afternoon stroll and then getting down on one knee on one of Springfield’s many bridges? Make sure it’s not a main bridge or a highway though – that could be dangerous.
Romantic Places to Propose Near Springfield, Mo
- On a boat at Tablerock Lake or the Lake of the Ozarks – I stole this one from Erin Gamble. She has photos of a boy proposing to a girl in a boat… careful though, it will get you right in the feels!
- How about a proposal at one of the many wineries just outside Springfield? You’ve got Oovda, Tyler Ridge, 7c’s Winery, & Bear Creek Wine Company, ur chances of a “yes” MAY increase with alcohol. #justsayin
- Romance in Branson is always a winner. We got the Showboat Branson Belle, Titanic’s Grand Staircase, or the ever popular Top of the Rock to name a few!
- How’s about a cave proposal? This will ensure your S/O can’t get away too fast…I kid!! Calm down Springfield.
- Eureka Springs! Does it get any better than this?!? A small artistic town with an old-time feel and lotsa things to do. Book a stay at a local bed and breakfast and think of a clever way to give them the ring. Again, how far are they going to go if you both went there together? I KIIID!!
- If a bed and breakfast doesn’t ring your bells, how about a proposal in a treehouse? Treehouse Cabins offers some pretty sweet weekend getaways. Check ‘em out here!
- Last but not least, a lovely stroll through the luscious fields at Lavender Falls Farm is sure to soothe him or her into saying YES to you for the rest of your lives. Lubricate yourself with some liquid courage from their café (AKA the lavender champagne) to get you feeling invincible!
I know – we took the guesswork out of the “where” – now you just have to think of the “how.” Give Erin a jingle if you get stuck – she’s got ya covered….just email her here.
If all else fails, or if none of these totally great ideas are getting you pumped, keep in mind that nothing beats taking your S/O back to where you had your first date. Ahhh yess… that first awkward date where you both were totally stressed, had sweaty palms and wasn’t sure whether or not it would work out….This time, y’all are totally comfortable with each other and have fun reminiscing before agreeing to take it to the next level.
We love you Springfield, and good luck!7 Cs