It’s time to pop the question, but when we have to think about proposal ideas, all reason seems to go out the window…so let’s ease into this subject…
‘Tis spring! The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming and love is in the air – the only thing missing is a romantic proposal to the apple of your eye…unless you are single, in which case you don’t need to go through the plotting, the anxiousness or the risk of getting a “no.” Nope, you can sit back, relax and take in the scenery with a spiked lemonade or three. Hey! You aren’t driving!
In Springfield, Mo, photographers and wedding boutiques alike know June is the start of the wedding season – and you may want to check out some of our local diamond stores to find that perfect cut (check to see if they have any ongoing sales). And whether you want to propose to the guy-or-gal of your dreams in some old-fashioned way, or custom-make a proposal befitting of the trials and tribulations you and your lover have been through, we’ve got some ideas just for you…at least one of them is bound to stand out!
Romantic Proposal Ideas in Springfield, Mo
- A good ol’ fashion game of basketball or tennis! This is sure to get your sporty beau in the mood. At the end of the game, get on one knee and pop le question!
- Free winery tours and tastings?? Yaaass please! Great for those on a tight budget, or those who spent an ungodly amount of money on a ring, throwing a little alcohol into your proposal may give you the courage to ask whether or not your S/O is willing to spend the rest of their life with you.
- Revisit your childhood and go to an arcade, play mini golf or bumper cars!
- Play Hide-and-seek…and not the dirty kind…unless you are into that sorta thing (we won’t judge)
- Play 20 Questions! Obviously, the last question is THE question…if you smell what I am stepping in 😉
- Le tour de love… leave notes and “clues” around your place of dwelling which will lead your S/O right to you, ready on one knee.
- Le radio engagement… just make sure he/she is tuning in when you propose!
- Does he/she like travel? Make your inquiry at 35,000 feet over the intercom!! Springfield/Branson airport, here we come!
- A home proposal has its’ charms. Gather a group of personal family and friends to have an intimate, and emotional moment with your closest peeps.
- Pick a place – preferably where you had your first date or a place of personal significance for you both – hang pictures of the both of you ALL OVER THE PLACE… top it off with champagne, strawberries, and of course, a proposal!
- A “perfect moments” photo album… pictures of your perfect moments, and on the last page – Boom! Le ring!
- Relive your first date- take him or her back to where you had your first awkward encounter, and make it extra special by popping the question.
- Gondolas anyone? Is there anything more romantic?? Some guy singing and paddling you down a lazy river, and right when you couldn’t feel any more relaxed, a proposal!
- Dizzying heights and an amazing view make for a perfect place to ask whether or not your loved one is willing to spend the rest of their life with you. Too bad the Tower Club shut down – many an engaged couple did that venue make.
- Thinking of moving in together? Decorate the walls with messages of love and pop the question whilst moving in…at least if he or she says no, some of the things can still be in boxes.
- How’s about a simple breakkie-in-bed? Nothing says “I love you” like getting crumbs in your bed, put a ring on his or her bagel and see what happens! Just make sure they don’t eat the ring.
- Ice skating anyone? You may want your beloved to be versed in ice skating – if not, they may end up getting lots of bumps and bruises.
- Trick ‘em into it by pretending you both are modeling for an advertisement or a friend’s photo shoot, but then surprise her/him by making it all about them! Ring? Check! Engagement photos? Check!
- A marriage martini!! Instead of an olive…boom…decorate his or her cocktail with an engagement ring.
Whether your gent or lady friend is an outgoing sociable individual who is the life of the party, or a reserved, quiet and unassuming sort, proposals should be catered to their personality! Wishing you a happy day, and good luck!