Whether you are a hardcore foodie or are looking to break away from the norm (just for one meal), there are many unique foods and restaurants in Springfield, MO. which will tantalize your tastebuds. While Celine and I compiled this list, by no means does this conclude ALL the various meals and unique restaurants in Springfield, MO. As usual, we do our best to keep our videos short and sweet. By all means, if we missed one of your favorite unique foods, feel free to let us know! This won’t be the last time we cover this topic!
11 Unique Foods & Restaurants in Springfield, MO.
- Bricktown Brewery has some amazing avocado fries and fried cheese curds. The problem with them is, if you order them before your meal, you may not have room for your actual meal! An unfortunate happening with Celine and myself, one fateful afternoon while we were grabbing lunch together.
- Morning Day Cafe has these breakfast egg rolls which are to die for. The thing is, I am not really a breakfast person, but I will eat the crap out of these any day. It’s scrambled eggs and melted cheese contained within a wonton wrapper.. and for dipping? None other than their sausage gravy. This stuff is a must try – the Morning Day Cafe restaurant is definitely one you want to go to.
- Aviary Cafe has a crepe masterpiece known as a
lemoncello. It’s a crepe with marscarponecheese and a berry reduction which is simply sinful. We have it every time we go now. Perfect for those wanting something on the sweeter side.
- Café Cusco is known for having some uh-mazing Peruvian food, and if you haven’t had their drunken goat, then you are definitely missing out. The
wahuwas excellent as well. I caught one when I was young, and refused to eat it because it was my first deep sea fish I’ve ever caught. If I would’ve known it was that good, I would’ve shamelessyinhaled it as a kid.
- Rama Thai is known for their dumplings and their curries – I especially like the Panang curry, and Celine has a thing for their mango curry. Needless to say, I’ve never been disappointed when going there. The best part is you can choose how spicy you want your curry to be!
- 5Spice China Grill is known for having its regular menu and their “traditional” menu. Naturally, their traditional menu has things such as Peking duck, original pork dumplings and, my personal favorite, the Taiwanese Beef Noodle soup. Perfect for hangovers, or just to get your daily fill of collagen from the stewed beef!
- Karai is an uh-mazing
ramanshop here in Springfield, MO. and they have something you can add to it called pork chashu. Sure, it’s like 95% fat but that’s what makes it so good! If you aren’t one for their ramannoodles, you can easily order it on rice – either wayit’s fantastic.
- Koriya is another restaurant which features their japchae (glass noodles made from zucchini) and their bibimbap which is a rice dish where you can throw all the stuff you want on it. Their lunch specials are really reasonable as well – I am always happy to meet clients or friends there during the week!
- Craft Sushi is next on our list, and they have something called their poke bowls. Celine calls it deconstructed sushi. As much as I love the amount of delicious sushi here in Springfield, MO., one of the challenges I’ve faced at almost every restaurant after ordering sushi is being able to eat it as “lady-like” as possible. Sometimes, I end up chopping a roll in half just so it fits in my mouth. A poke bowl is a rice bowl where you can throw all the sushi toppings and fixings in there without needing to worry about half your sushi roll flying out of your mouth!
- Cesar’s Old Mexico has a soup they cook on Friday’s and Saturday’s called posole. It’s honestly one of my favorites- it’s a pork bone soup which is simmered for hours on end, and made with hominy. It is the perfect hangover food if you ask me.
- Farmer’s Gastropub is another place where you can find some unique food, and one such food would be their pig ear tacos. While it is an appetizer, it is a beautiful, simple and light dish. OK, the pig ears are fried but they have a light, crispy texture to them that I cannot get enough of.
There you have it Springfield, MO. – 11 unique foods to try in Springfield…AKA 11 awesome hangover foods for when you drank a little too much the night before. Some of these are dine-in restaurants, others are Asian restaurants, some restaurants source the majority of their ingredients from local farmers in and around Springfield, MO. If you are looking for something unique to try in Springfield, MO., look no further! And, if YOU have a unique food you frequent at a local restaurant here in Springfield, MO., be sure to let us know what it is – we are happy to go and try it out!